Terri Cole is a licensed psychotherapist, global relationship and empowerment expert, and the author of Boundary Boss-The Essential Guide to Talk True, Be Seen and (Finally) Live Free.
For over two decades, Terri has worked with a diverse group of clients that includes everyone from stay-at-home moms to celebrities and Fortune 500 CEOs.
She has a gift for making complex psychological concepts accessible and actionable so that clients and students achieve sustainable change.
She inspires over 450,000 people weekly through her blog, social media platform, signature courses, and her popular podcast, The Terri Cole Show. For more, see terricole.com
Terri Cole is a licensed psychotherapist and relationship expert based in New York. She is the author of ‘Boundary Boss: The Essential Guide to Talk True, Be Seen, and (Finally) Live Free’ and the founder of several programs, including Real Love Revolution, Boundary Bootcamp, and Crushing Codependency.
Before becoming an expert in love, boundaries, and codependency, Terri spent years as a bi-coastal talent agent negotiating endorsement contracts for supermodels and celebrities. However, her eventual disenchantment with the world of entertainment led her to make a career change in her 30s and become a psychotherapist and empowerment expert. Her mission has been to help women live self-determined lives that they love by teaching them how to establish and maintain healthy boundaries with ease and create and sustain vibrant relationships.
Over the past two decades, Terri has worked with a wide range of individuals, including international pop stars, athletes, Broadway performers, TV personalities, thought leaders, and Fortune 500 CEOs. She empowers a global community of over 800,000 individuals across 189 countries each week through her illuminating videos. articles and blog posts, therapeutic meditations, online courses, and popular podcast, The Terri Cole Show.
Terri’s approach integrates practical psychology with eastern mindfulness practices, resulting in a unique blend that allows her to simplify complex psychological concepts for her clients and students. Her gift lies in making these concepts not only accessible but also actionable, leading to sustainable change.
Recognized as an expert therapist and master life coach, she has appeared on popular shows such as GMA3, The Doctors, and NBC News Daily, as well as being featured on the Real Housewives and hundreds of podcasts. She is a contributor to major publications including The Huffington Post, Well+Good, Oprah Daily, and Shondaland, and has been highlighted in People Magazine, The New York Times, Women’s Day, Glamour, Elle, Forbes, Vogue, Cosmopolitan, CNN, and Self. Learn more about her work at terricole.com
MEDIA READY PHOTOS
ABOUT BOUNDARY BOSS
Break Free From Over-Functioning, Over-Delivering, People-Pleasing, and Ignoring Your Own Needs So You Can Finally Live the Life You Deserve!
Most of us were never taught how to effectively express our preferences, desires or deal-breakers. Instead, we hide our feelings behind passive-aggressive behavior, deny our own truths, or push our emotions down until we get depressed or so frustrated that we explode, potentially destroying hard-won trust and relationships.
The most successful and satisfied people on the planet have one thing in common: the ability to create and communicate clear, healthy boundaries. This ability is, hands down, the biggest game changer when it comes to creating a healthy, happy, self-determined life.
In Boundary Boss, psychotherapist Terri Cole reveals a specific set of skills that can help you stop abandoning yourself for the sake of others (without guilt or drama) and get empowered to consciously take control of every aspect of your emotional, spiritual, physical, personal, and professional life.
Since becoming a Boundary Boss is a process, Cole also offers actionable strategies, scripts, and techniques that can be used in the moment, whenever you need them. You will learn:
- How to recognize when your boundaries have been violated and what to do next
- How your unique “Boundary Blueprint” is unconsciously driving your boundary behaviors, and strategies to redesign it
- Powerful boundary scripts so in the moment you will know what to say
- How to manage “Boundary Destroyers”―including emotional manipulators, narcissists, and other toxic personalities
- Where you fall on the spectrum of codependency and how to create healthy, balanced relationships
This book is for people who are exhausted from over-giving, overdoing, and even over-feeling. If you’re getting it all done but at the expense of yourself, give yourself the gift of Boundary Boss
SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
1. What boundaries are and why they matter?
2. You say we all have a unique “Downloaded Boundary Blueprint” can you please explain?
3. In the book, you share your journey from Boundary Disaster to Boundary Master. What is a Boundary Disaster?
4. How can one tell when a boundary has been crossed or when setting a limit with someone is needed?
5. You claim that most of us were never taught how to effectively express our preferences, desires or deal-breakers. Can you say more about this?
6.Throughout the book you talk about the realization that you always have choices as revolutionary for many of your clients. Can you say more about that?
7. What does it mean to have “Healthy Boundaries” ? And how does that relate to “embracing your true self”?
8. What are the most common myths or misconceptions about boundaries?
9. In the book you reference, Boundary Destroyers and that the “normal rules of boundary engagement” don’t apply. What is a Boundary Destroyer?
10. In the book you state that in many cultures around the world, “Women are raised and praised to be self-abandoning codependents.” How does this impact boundary skills?
11. What are some of the biggest (or most common) obstacles that prevent people from setting healthy limits and speaking truthfully?
12. We’ve all faced a major decision in our lives (if not many) that has resulted in us hitting a crossroads and having to choose which direction to go, what was one of yours?
13. The book is part teaching, part case studies and personal stories and in each chapter you have BACK TO YOU sections for the reader to answer questions and do actual exercises. Why did you design it this way?
14. Number 1 takeaway that you really want the audience to absorb.
15. In the book you share that after years as a Talent Agent for celebrities and supermodels, you decided to leave the money and prestige behind and you quit. You say that your internal boundaries impacted these life decisions. Can you tell us what internal boundaries are and how they are related?
16. You talk about stopping the cycle of bad boundaries for the next generation of girls. Can you tell my audience why this matters and how they can be a part of the Boundary Revolution?
17. What do you wish you had known in your early 20’s about boundaries and “talking true”?
18. In the book you talk about, High Functioning Codependency and the boundary challenges it creates. Can you tell us more about this? How does someone know if they are an HFC?
19. Where can people buy your book and can you tell us about the book bonuses and other offerings?
20. You talk about a Boundary Revolution, can you say more about this and what is the ripple effect you hope Boundary Boss will create in the world?
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS FOR ENTREPRENEURIAL & BUSINESS
1.You emphasize the importance of “Time Boundaries” for entrepreneurs to avoid self-sabotage. Can you say more about this?
2. For business owners to be successful, you talk about the need for “Clean Agreements.” How can we create clean agreements and why does it matter?
3. As a successful entrepreneur for the past 15 years, you teach about exercising the Power of NO as crucial to success. Can you tell us more?
4.You talk about the importance of entrepreneurs being aware of Repeating Boundary Realities which can negatively impact productivity, prosperity, and sanity. Can you tell us more and how to avoid falling into this trap?